- The Socorro Fat Tire Trail Guide: This resource is getting out of date, but is still very useful. We are slowly moving over content/rides to mtbproject.org, but expect this to remain as a resource.
- MTB Project: We are slowly moving the trail guide over to MTB Project. We've emphasized rides that are either very popular or not featured on the old Fat Tire guide so far.
- Strava: Want to compare your lap times to other locals? Give strava a go. However, don't be a strava$$hole! Respect other trail users - no one else cares about your personal record.
- Robyn Harrison recently self-published a book of hikes and bike rides in the area. The book is available from the Socorro visitor center, the chamber of commerce, and a few other vendors on the plaza.
- You can still occasionally find printed copies of The Socorro Country Fat Tire Trail Book, published in 1993.
- The US Forest Service publish a trail map for the Magdalena Ranger District. It's quite good, but can only be purchased at the Magdalena Ranger Station during business hours.
- The Bureau of Land Management office in Socorro sell a series of maps. Most useful is the Vehicle Use and Recreation Guide.
- The Bureau of Geology on NMT campus has an excellent map collection for sale, including 1:24000 USGS Quadrangles of the entire state.