- MTB Project: We are slowly moving the trail guide over to MTB Project. We've emphasized rides that are either very popular or not featured on the old Fat Tire guide so far.
- Strava: Want to compare your lap times to other locals? Give strava a go. However, don't be a strava$$hole! Respect other trail users - no one else cares about your personal record.
- Robyn Harrison recently self-published a book of hikes and bike rides in the area. The book is available from the Socorro visitor center, the chamber of commerce, and a few other vendors on the plaza.
- You can still occasionally find printed copies of The Socorro Country Fat Tire Trail Book, published in 1993. Some great rides in the old trail book haven't made it to MTB Project yet...
- The US Forest Service publish a trail map for the Magdalena Ranger District. It's quite good, but can only be purchased at the Magdalena Ranger Station during business hours.
- The Bureau of Land Management office in Socorro sell a series of maps. Most useful is the Vehicle Use and Recreation Guide.
- The Bureau of Geology on NMT campus has an excellent map collection for sale, including 1:24000 USGS Quadrangles of the entire state.